Characteristics of VDE-insulated tools
- Resistance to low temperatures – tools with VDE insulation coating are resistant to mechanical impact at temperatures as low as -40°C. They thus meet the requirements of EN/IEC60900.
- Fire resistance – VDE insulation does not burn even after being placed in a 12 cm flame for at least 10 seconds.
- Resistance to high voltage – VDE tools are approved for operation at 1000 V AC and 1500 V DC.
- Stable coating on the handle – the VDE insulation does not slip off the device, even when exposed to 500 N.
- Compression resistance -tested by heating the tool up to 70°C, applying a voltage of 5000 V and exerting a point pressure of 20 N.
- The VDE insulation prevents accidental damage to sensitive surfaces (aluminum, copper, steel) in case of contact with the tool.